Configure Dynamic Channels
Any chat user logged on to a chat client can create dynamic
channels as needed.
An Exchange system administrator can use the following steps to
allow, prevent, or control the number of on a chat community.
To configure dynamic channels:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- Navigate to the chat
community in which you want to configure dynamic channels.
- Right-click the chat community, and then click
- On the Channels tab, indicate how you want to configure
dynamic channels for the community:
- To allow dynamic channels to be created in the community,
select the Allow dynamic channels check box.
- To grant status to users with
permissions when they join a dynamic channel, select the Chat
Sysop joins as owner check box.
- To apply the same member limit to all dynamic channels created
on that community, type a number in the Number of users allowed
in channel box.
- To prevent users from creating dynamic channels on the chat
community, clear the Allow dynamic channels check box.
Tip You can also make a
dynamic channel cloneable by logging on to a chat client as a Chat
Administrator and using one of the following commands.
To create a dynamic cloneable channel:
To join an existing dynamic channel and set its
mode to cloneable (mode +d):