Create a Registered Channel
A is a permanent
channel created for a chat community from the Exchange 2000 Server
by a system administrator.
To create a registered channel:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- Navigate to the
Channels folder for the chat community where you want to
create the channel.
- Right-click Channels, click New, and then click
- On the channel's General tab, type the name of the
channel in the Name box. Be sure to precede the channel name
with a valid (#, &, %#, or %&).
If you plan to allow the channel to be cloned, do not end the
channel name with a number.
- Modify the channel properties on the following tabs:
- General. Use to specify the channel's
Name, Topic, Subject, Content rating
(PICS), Language, and whether you want to Create this
channel when the service starts.
- Security. Use to identify who has security
rights on the channel.
- Access. Use to specify channel visibility,
establish passwords, and limit the number of users allowed on the
- Messages. Use to type the messages you want
users to see when they join and when they leave the channel.
- Modes. Use to establish the characteristics
of the channel and to impose constraints.
- Extensions. Use to list the extensions
installed on the chat community where the channel is defined.
Note The channel name, which
appears on the General tab, is the only parameter required
when you create a registered channel.