Add a Mailbox Store
The mailbox store is a storage device for a server's mailboxes.
Exchange supports multiple mailbox stores for each server. Each
mailbox store is contained in a storage group.
The only properties required to add a mailbox store are a name
and a default public folder store.
To add a mailbox store:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- Open the
Servers container in the console tree.
- Administrative Group or
- Click the server to which you want to add the mailbox
- Right-click the storage group container to which you want to
add the mailbox store, point to New, and then click
- On the General tab, set the following properties:
- In Name, type a name for the mailbox store.
- To change the name and location of the default public store,
use Default public store.
Properties Mount an Information