Connecting to Other
Install the Notes Client
Because the Notes connector requires access to Notes client
program files, you must install the Notes client on the Exchange
server on which you installed the connector.
Make sure the Notes client language is the same language used by
the Lotus Notes/Domino server.
To install the Notes client program:
- From the Notes installation point, double-click the Notes
- Install the client software. If you are installing Notes client
release 5 (R5), select Domino Administrator. This option
also installs the Notes client.
- When configuring the client after installation, provide the
connector's user name or ID file for identification.
- Note the location of the Notes.ini file
(drive:\Lotus\Notes\ by default). You will need this
information when you configure the connector.
- Verify that the drive:\Lotus\Notes\ directory is added
to the system path. To locate the Notes client installation, the
connector searches the system path on the Exchange server.
- Start the Notes client and verify that you can establish a
connection to the Lotus Notes/Domino server.
Requirements Create a
Notes User ID Configure the Lotus Notes/Domino Server