Create a Mail-Enabled Contact
You can simultaneously create a Windows 2000 contact and
designate it as mail-enabled.
To create a mail-enabled contact:
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then
click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, expand the Windows 2000 domain.
Right-click the folder that will contain the new mail-enabled
contact, point to New, and then click Contact.
- In the New Object - Contact dialog box, in First
name, Initials, Last name, and Display
name, type the contact's information, and then click
- Verify that the Create an Exchange e-mail address check
box is selected and that the alias, in Alias, is correct.
Then click Modify.
- In the New E-mail Address dialog box, select an e-mail
address type, and then click OK.
- In Properties of the address type you selected, type the
e-mail address information. Click Apply, and then click
- Click Next, and then verify that the information for the
new contact is correct.
Understanding Recipient Management