Move a Mailbox
You can move a mailbox to a different server or mailbox store.
Moving a mailbox is helpful when you need to adjust server workload
as the number of Exchange users in your organization
To move a mailbox:
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then
click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, expand the Windows 2000 domain.
Double-click Users, or double-click the node that contains
the recipient information you want to modify.
- In the details pane, right-click the user, and then click
- In Exchange Task Wizard, click Next, select
Move Mailbox, and then click Next. The current
location of the user's mailbox is displayed.
- To specify the new destination for the mailbox, in the
Server drop-down list, select a server, and then in the
Mailbox Store drop-down list, select a mailbox store. Then
- In the final screen of Exchange Task Wizard, verify that the
information is correct, and then click Finish. If the
information is not correct, click Back to correct the
Understanding Recipient Management