Disable User Access to the
For maintenance, you may need to leave Instant Messaging Service
working but prevent a user or a group of users from accessing the
service for a period of time.
To disable a user's access to Instant Messaging:
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then
click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, open the Windows 2000 domain, and then
- In the details pane, right-click the user, and then click
- In Exchange Task Wizard, click Remove Instant
- Click Next, and then click Finish to confirm your
decision to remove this user's Instant Messaging address and
prevent the user from sending and receiving instant messages.
Give Users Access to the Service