Distribute the Client Software
As an administrator for your Exchange organization, you
distribute the Instant Messaging client software to users and
provide them with instructions for logging on to the service.
To distribute the client software:
- Locate the \Instmsg\I386\Client directory on the
Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server CD.
- Copy the Mmssetup.exe file to a network location that is
accessible to your users, such as a server share or a Web
- Instruct users to install the client program by running
Mmssetup.exe from the shared location.
- Provide each user with the following logon information:
- User Name: Alias@E-mail_Domain (if a SRV resource
record is used) or Alias@Instant_Messaging_Domain (if
a SRV record is not used)
- NT Name: User name in the Windows 2000 domain
- Password: Password
Alias and Instant_Messaging_Domain are the account
name and Instant Messaging domain.