Move Instant Messaging User
You may need to move Instant Messaging user accounts from one
home server to another. Moving, or rehoming, the account
does not change the user's .
Leave the server running while you perform this procedure.
To move Instant Messaging user accounts:
- Start Active Directory Users and Computers
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then
click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- In the console tree, open the Windows 2000 domain, and then
- In the details pane, right-click the user, and then click
- In Exchange Task Wizard, click Change Instant Messaging
Server, then click Next.
- Next to New Instant Messaging Server, click
- In Select Instant Messaging Server, from the Server
name column, select a new home server.
- Click OK, and then click Next.
- Review the Task Summary to make sure the change is
successful, and then click Finish.
Give Users Access to the Service