Create a New Public Folder
Each public folder hierarchy uses its own store in the
information store. Once you create a store for a public folder
tree, you can connect the folder to it.
To create a public folder store:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- Navigate to
Exchange System Manager
- Administrative Groups
- Administrative group
- Expand the server to which you want to add a public folder
- Right-click a specific storage group, point to New, and
then click Public Store.
- In Name, type a name for the new database.
- To associate the public folder tree with the database, click
Browse, and then select the public folder hierarchy you just
- To save your settings, click OK.
- To mount the new store, click Yes.