Set Permissions for the Root
You can secure access to the public folder root by specifying
the users who can make changes to the root.
To set permissions for the root:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- If administrative groups are displayed, expand
Administrative Groups, and then expand the group you want to
- In the console tree, expand Folders.
- Right-click a folder tree, and click Properties.
- Click Security.
- To modify an existing user, click the user name.
- To assign a permission, next to the permission description,
select the Allow or Deny check box.
- To grant additional users access, click Add, select a
user, and then click Add again. Use the check boxes to
control user access to folder contents.