Control Access to the Folder
By default, all users have permission to read messages in a
public folder. You can change permissions for all users or create
different permissions for specific users.
To set permissions for the public folder:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- If administrative groups are displayed, expand
Administrative Groups, and then expand the group you want to
- In the console tree, expand Folders, and then expand the
folder tree containing the folder you want.
- Right-click a folder, and then click Properties.
- On the Permissions tab, click Folder Rights.
- To create different permissions for specific users, click
- Select a user, and then click Add. Repeat this step for
all users that you want to add, and then click OK.
- Under Name, select the Allow or Deny check
box to grant or deny each user access to the available