Topic Last Modified: 2006-04-21
The Microsoft® Exchange Server Analyzer Tool has determined that you are running one of the following types of third-party software:
- A third-party Microsoft Office Outlook® add-in, such as
antivirus software or fax software
- A third-party application that accesses your Exchange
- Third-party synchronization software for mobile devices
It is recommended that you investigate what types of third-party applications your users are running, and then decide whether you want to put restrictions on those applications or remove the applications completely. Remember that running third-party software can frequently cause excessive loads on your servers.To turn off third-party add-ins in Outlook
In Outlook, from the Tools menu, click Options.
In Options, click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options.
In Advanced Options, click Add-In Manager.
Clear the check boxes for any third-party add-ins.
For More Information
- For more information about Exchange Server performance, see the
Exchange Server 2003 Performance and Scalability Guide
- For more information about troubleshooting Exchange Server
performance issues, see Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange
Server 2003 Performance (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=47588).