Applies to: Exchange Server 2010 SP3, Exchange Server 2010 SP2
Topic Last Modified: 2009-12-09
You can use Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor (Perfmon.exe) to select and view performance counters for messaging records management (MRM). By using performance counters, you can monitor the Managed Folder Assistant while it runs resource-intensive MRM processes.
For a list of performance counters for MRM, see Performance Counters for Messaging Records Management.
Looking for other tasks related to monitoring MRM? Check out Monitoring Messaging Records Management.
Use Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor to view performance counters for MRM
To perform this procedure, the account you use must be delegated membership in the local Administrators group.
- To start Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor, click
Start, click Run, and then type perfmon.
- In the console tree, navigate to Monitoring Tools >
- Click the plus sign (+) button on the toolbar. The Add
Counters dialog box appears.
- From the Select counter from computer list, select one
of the following options:
- If you are performing this procedure on a local computer,
select <Local computer>. This is the default
- If you are performing this procedure remotely, select the
server you want to monitor.
- If you are performing this procedure on a local computer, select <Local computer>. This is the default selection.
- In the list of performance counters, expand MSExchange
Assistants - Per Database or the MSExchange Managed Folder
- Select the performance counters you want to monitor.
- For performance counters under MSExchange Assistants - Per
Database, to view the counters for all mailbox databases, in
Instances of selected object, click All instances.
Or, to specify one or more mailbox databases, select instances from
- To add the selected counters so that the counters appear in
Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor, and to begin
collecting performance data, click Add.