Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-09
You can specify the maximum number of minutes that an incoming call can be connected to the system without being transferred to a valid extension number before the call is ended. For most organizations, this value should be set to the default: 30 minutes. This setting applies to all calls, including incoming Outlook Voice Access calls, voice calls internal to your organization, voice calls into Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendants, and fax calls placed from outside your organization.
This value can be set to a number from 10 through 120. Setting this value too low can cause incoming calls to be disconnected before they're completed. For example, if your organization receives many large fax messages, you may want to consider increasing this value from the default so that all the pages of fax messages are received.
For additional tasks related to UM dial plans, see UM Dial Plan Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM dial plans" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to configure the maximum call duration
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
- In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want to modify,
and then click Edit .
- On the UM dial plan page, click Configure.
- In Settings, under Maximum call duration
(minutes), enter the number in minutes.
- Click Save.
Use the Shell to configure the maximum call duration
This example sets the maximum call duration to
10 minutes on a UM dial plan named
Set-UMDialPlan -identity MyUMDialPlan -MaxCallDuration 10