Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-30
You can enable an informational announcement for a Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendant. When an informational announcement is enabled, it will play immediately after the business or non-business hours greeting. By default, an informational announcement isn't configured. To enable an informational announcement, create a .wav or .wma file to be used as the informational announcement, and then configure the auto attendant to use this sound file.
For additional management tasks related to UM auto attendants, see UM Auto Attendant Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM auto attendants" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM auto
attendant has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Auto
- Create a .wav or .wma file to be used for the informational
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to enable an informational announcement
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans. In the list view, select the UM dial plan that you
want to change, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Auto
Attendants, select the UM auto attendant for which you want to
enable an informational announcement, and then click Edit
- On the UM Auto Attendant page, > Greetings,
under Informational announcement, click Change, and
then click Browse to locate the informational announcement
file you created before you started this procedure.
Important: The file you use for the greeting must be a .wav or .wma file.
- After you've located the file, click Open, and then
Use the Shell to enable an informational announcement
This example enables an informational announcement that
MyInfoAnnouncement.wav file for the UM auto
Set-UMAutoAttendant -Identity MyUMAutoAttendant -InfoAnnouncementEnabled $true -InfoAnnouncementFilename MyInfoAnnouncement.wav