Applies to: Exchange Server 2013
Topic Last Modified: 2012-10-12
You can stop or restart an In-Place eDiscovery search at any time. For example, if you want to modify search properties such as keywords or mailboxes searched, you must first stop a search. You can then restart the search after making the required changes.
|If you restart an In-Place eDiscovery search, search results copied to the Discovery mailbox specified in the search are removed.|
For additional management tasks related to In-Place eDiscovery, see In-Place eDiscovery Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
“In-Place eDiscovery” entry in Messaging Policy and
Compliance Permissions topic.
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to start or stop an In-Place eDiscovery search
- Navigate to Compliance management > In-place
eDiscovery & hold.
- To stop a search that's in progress, select the search, and
then click Stop search.
- To start a search that was stopped, select the search, and then
click Resume search.