Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2013-02-23
You can specify the location of a business on a Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendant so that the location will be played for callers. By default, no business location is entered.
For additional management tasks related to UM auto attendants, see UM Auto Attendant Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM auto attendants" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM auto
attendant has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Auto
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to configure a business location
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans. In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want
to change, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Auto
Attendants, select the UM auto attendant for which you want to
set the business location, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Auto Attendant page > General, under
Business location, type the location of the business.
- Click Save.
Use the Shell to configure a business location
This example sets the business location on a UM auto
Set-UMAutoAttendant -Identity MyUMAutoAttendant -BusinessLocation 'Redmond'