Applies to: Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2013-02-21
You can enable the Voice Mail Preview feature for users associated with a Unified Messaging (UM) mailbox policy if it has been disabled. Enabling this setting allows users to receive the text of a voice mail message in the message body of an email or text message. The default setting is enabled.
For additional management tasks related to UM mailbox policies, see UM Mailbox Policy Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM mailbox policies" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM mailbox
policy has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Mailbox
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to enable Voice Mail Preview
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans, select the UM dial plan you want to change, and
then click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Mailbox
Policies, select the UM mailbox policy you want to manage, and
then click Edit .
- On the UM Mailbox Policy page > General,
select the check box next to Allow voice mail preview.
- Click Save.
Use the Shell to enable Voice Mail Preview
This example allows users who are associated with the
UM mailbox policy
MyUMMailboxPolicy to use the Voice
Mail Preview feature.
Set-UMMailboxPolicy -identity MyUMMailboxPolicy - AllowVoiceMailPreview $true