Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-17
By default, the Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendant uses the time zone of the Mailbox server on which it's created. However, there are situations where you may have to change the time zone for a UM auto attendant to a different time zone. For example, if you have two UM dial plans and each dial plan represents a different time zone, you must configure one UM auto attendant to have the same time zone as the Mailbox server and the other UM auto attendant to have a time zone that differs from the Mailbox server.
For additional management tasks related to UM auto attendants, see UM Auto Attendant Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM auto attendants" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM auto
attendant has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Auto
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to configure the time zone
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans. In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want
to change, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Auto
Attendants, select the UM auto attendant for which you want to
set the time zone, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Auto Attendant page, click Business
Hours, and then, under Time zone, select the time zone
from the drop-down list.
- To save your changes, click OK, and then click
Use the Shell to configure the time zone
This example sets the time zone to the Pacific time
zone on a UM auto attendant named
Set-UMAutoAttendant -Identity MyUMAutoAttendant -TimeZoneName Pacific