Applies to: Exchange Server 2013
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-02
If needed, you can create additional networks for use in a database availability group (DAG). You can use the EAC or the Shell to create a DAG network.
Looking for other management tasks related to DAGs? Check out Managing Database Availability Groups.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: 1 minute
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"Database availability groups" entry in the High Availability and
Site Resilience Permissions topic.
- You can create a DAG network only when automatic network
configuration has been disabled for a DAG. For detailed steps about
how to disable automatic network configuration for a DAG, see
Database Availability Group Properties.
- When creating a DAG network, you must assign unique subnets
that aren't in use by another DAG network. If you use subnets that
are assigned to an existing DAG network, they will be removed from
that DAG network and added to the newly created DAG network.
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to create a database availability group network
- In the EAC, go to Servers > Database Availability
- Select the DAG you want to configure, and then click .
- On the
new database availability group network page, provide the
- Database availability group network
name Use this field to type a name for the
network that's unique in the DAG.
- Description Use this field to provide a
text description of the DAG network.
- Subnets Use this field to associate one
or more subnets with the DAG network. Click
to add a subnet, click to edit a subnet, and click minus (-) to remove a
- Database availability group network name Use this field to type a name for the network that's unique in the DAG.
- Click Save to create the DAG network.
Use the Shell to create a database availability group network
This example creates the network ReplicationDagNetwork02 with a subnet of 10.0.0.0 and a bitmask of 8 in the DAG DAG1. Replication is enabled for the network, and an optional description of the network is also being added.
New-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork -DatabaseAvailabilityGroup DAG1 -Name ReplicationDagNetwork02 -Description "Replication network 2" -Subnets 10.0.0.0/8 -ReplicationEnabled:$True
How do you know this worked?
To verify that you've successfully created a DAG network, do one of the following:
- In the EAC, navigate to Servers > Database
Availability Groups. Select the appropriate DAG, and the newly
created DAG network is displayed in the details pane.
- In the Shell, run the following command to verify the DAG
network was created and to display DAG network configuration
Get-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork <DAGNetworkName> | Format-List