Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-30
After you delete a Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendant, the incoming calls that were answered by the UM auto attendant must be answered by a human operator. A UM auto attendant can't be deleted if it's associated with a UM dial plan as the default UM auto attendant.
For additional management tasks related to UM auto attendants, see UM Auto Attendant Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM auto attendants" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM auto
attendant has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Auto
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to delete a UM auto attendant
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans. In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want
to edit, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Auto
Attendants, select the UM auto attendant you want to delete. On
the toolbar, click Delete . On the Warning page, click Yes.
Use the Shell to delete a UM auto attendant
This example deletes a UM auto attendant named
Remove-UMAutoAttendant -Identity MyUMAutoAttendant