Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-15
You can enter the name of your business in the Business name box on a UM auto attendant. By default, no business name is entered. If you enter a business name, a default greeting prompt with the business name will be played to callers when they call in to the Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendant.
For additional tasks related to UM auto attendants, see UM Auto Attendant Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM auto attendants" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM auto
attendant has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Auto
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to configure a business name
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans. In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want
to change, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Auto
Attendants, select the UM auto attendant for which you want to
set a business name, and then, on the toolbar, click Edit
- On the UM Auto Attendant page, > General,
under Business name, type the name of the business.
- Click Save.
Use the Shell to configure a business name
This example sets the business name on a UM auto
Set-UMAutoAttendant -Identity MyUMAutoAttendant -BusinessName "Northwind Traders"