Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-13
You can enable or disable outgoing calls for a Unified Messaging (UM) IP gateway. When you clear the Allow outgoing calls through this UM IP gateway option on the properties for the UM IP gateway, you configure the UM IP gateway to not accept and send outgoing calls to a Voice over IP (VoIP) gateway, IP PBX, or session border controller (SBC). Although the Allow outgoing calls through this UM IP gateway setting controls whether the UM IP gateway is able to initiate outgoing calls for users, it doesn't affect call transfers or incoming calls from a VoIP gateway, IP PBX, or SBC.
For additional management tasks related to UM IP gateways, see UM IP Gateway Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM IP gateways" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM IP
gateway has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM IP
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to disable outgoing calls for a UM IP gateway
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM IP
Gateways, select the UM IP gateway you want to change, and then
click Edit .
- On the UM IP Gateway page, clear the check box next to
Allow outgoing calls through this UM IP gateway.
- Click Save.
Use the Shell to disable outgoing calls for a UM IP gateway
This example disables outgoing calls on a UM IP gateway
Set-UMIPGateway -Identity MyUMIPGateway -OutcallsAllowed $false