Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2013-02-22
You can enable directory lookups so that callers who call in to a Unified Messaging (UM) auto attendant can look up names in the directory using their telephone keypad but not be able to search the directory using voice inputs. This setting is enabled by default. If this setting is disabled, callers won't be able to search the directory for a specific person using touchtone or voice commands.
For additional management tasks related to UM auto attendants, see UM Auto Attendant Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM auto attendants" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM auto
attendant has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Auto
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to enable or disable directory lookups
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans. In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want
to change, and then click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Auto
Attendants, select the UM auto attendant for which you want to
enable or disable directory lookups, and then click Edit
- On the UM Auto Attendant page > Address book and
operator access, under Options for searching the address
book, select the check box next to Allow callers to search
for users by name or alias to enable callers to search for
users. To disable callers from searching for users, clear this
- Click Save.
Use the Shell to enable or disable directory lookups
This example disables directory lookups on a UM auto
Set-UMAutoAttendant -Identity MyUMAutoAttendant -NameLookupEnabled $false