Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-11
You can delete an existing Unified Messaging (UM) dial plan. When you delete the UM dial plan, it will no longer be available for UM IP gateways, UM mailbox policies, and UM hunt groups. You can’t delete a UM dial plan if it's referenced by or associated with UM mailbox policies, UM auto attendants, UM IP gateways, or UM hunt groups.
For additional management tasks related to UM dial plans, see UM Dial Plan Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM dial plans" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to delete an existing dial plan
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
- In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want to delete,
and then click Delete .
- On the warning page, click Yes.
Use the Shell to delete an existing dial plan
This example deletes a UM dial plan named
RemoveUMDialplan -identity MyUMDialPlan