Applies to: Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Online
Topic Last Modified: 2012-11-05
The Limit on personal greetings (minutes) setting enables you to enter the maximum number of minutes that users associated with the Unified Messaging (UM) mailbox policy can use to record their voice mail greetings. This setting applies to both their standard voice mail and their Out of Office voice mail greetings. By default, the maximum greeting duration is set to 5 minutes. However, you can configure the maximum greeting duration to any setting between 1 and 10 minutes.
For additional management tasks related to UM mailbox policies, see UM Mailbox Policy Procedures.
What do you need to know before you begin?
- Estimated time to complete: Less than 1 minute.
- You need to be assigned permissions before you can perform this
procedure or procedures. To see what permissions you need, see the
"UM mailbox policies" entry in the Unified Messaging
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM dial
plan has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Dial
- Before you perform these procedures, confirm that a UM mailbox
policy has been created. For detailed steps, see Create a UM Mailbox
- For information about keyboard shortcuts that may apply to the
procedures in this topic, see Keyboard Shortcuts in
the Exchange Admin Center.
What do you want to do?
Use the EAC to change the maximum greeting duration
- In the EAC, navigate to Unified Messaging > UM
dial plans. In the list view, select the UM dial plan you want
to modify, and then on the toolbar, click Edit .
- On the UM Dial Plan page, under UM Mailbox
Policies, select the UM mailbox policy you want to manage, and
then on the toolbar, click Edit .
- On the UM mailbox policy page > General, under
Limit on personal greetings (minutes), enter the length of
time, in minutes, allowed for personal greetings for voice mail
- Click Save.
Use the Shell to change the maximum greeting duration
This example configures the maximum greeting duration
on the UM mailbox policy
Set-UMMailboxPolicy -identity MyUMMailboxPolicy MaxGreetingDuration 3