Applies to: Exchange Server 2007
Topic Last Modified: 2007-06-15
A mailbox database is an Exchange database that contains user mailboxes.
|To modify how server configuration objects are displayed in Microsoft Management Console (MMC), click View in the action pane. For more information about view options, see Server Configuration (RTM).|
The Database Management tab in the work pane lists all the storage groups and databases that exist on the selected server. When you select a mailbox database, the following actions are available either by right-clicking the mailbox database name or by using the action pane.
- Move Database Files
Click Move Database Files to start the Move Database Files wizard. This wizard will help you change the location of the selected mailbox database.
- Mount/Dismount Database
- Click Mount Database to mount the selected mailbox
database. The database is accessible by users after it is
- Click Dismount Database to dismount the selected
- Click Mount Database to mount the selected mailbox database. The database is accessible by users after it is mounted.
- Click Remove to delete the selected database from
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- The database file (.edb) that you remove is not automatically
deleted from the disk. To recover the disk space, note the location
of the database file and remove it manually. The location of the
database file is displayed in the warning that appears after you
remove the database.
- Click Remove to delete the selected database from Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
Click Properties to view or modify the properties of the selected mailbox database.