Applies to: Exchange Server 2007
Topic Last Modified: 2007-06-15
Use the New Mailbox Database wizard to create a new mailbox database. A mailbox database contains user mailboxes.
|You can also use the Exchange Management Shell to create a mailbox database. For more information, see New-MailboxDatabase (RTM).|
Use this wizard page to configure the following attributes of a mailbox database.
- Storage group name
This box shows the name of the storage group that you selected in which to place the new mailbox database.
- Mailbox database name
Use this box to type the name of the new mailbox database. The name can be up to 64 characters in length and cannot use the following characters:
\ / " = , ;
- Database file path
This box shows where the new mailbox database will be created. Click Browse to select a location.
- Mount this database
Select this check box to mount the mailbox database immediately after it is created. Mounting a database puts it online, thereby making its data available to customers.
- Local continuous replication database file path
- This box appears only if local continuous replication (LCR) is
enabled for the storage group in which the mailbox database will be
- This box displays the location of the backup copy of the
database file (.edb). Click Browse to select a new location
for the backup database file.
- For information about enabling local continuous replication for
a storage group, see Managing Local
- This box appears only if local continuous replication (LCR) is enabled for the storage group in which the mailbox database will be created.
For More Information
For more information about how to enable LCR to replicate transaction log files to a second location on the same computer to reduce recovery time from disasters and reduce the number of required backups, see Local Continuous Replication.