Topic Last Modified: 2010-11-03
Before enabling Kerberos authentication, ensure the completion of all prerequisite configuration and infrastructure preparations:
- Active Directory schema is extended for Lync Server 2010.
- Active Directory forest preparation is completed for Lync
- Active Directory domain preparation is completed for Lync
- Central Management store is successfully installed and
- The topology has been created and published by using Topology
- Servers and roles that require Web Services have been defined
and deployed, including Front End Servers, Standard Edition
servers, and Directors.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) is configured and deployed
with the recommended role services to support Web Services in Lync
After the prerequisites have been met, you should be ready to create one or more accounts for Web Services to use for Kerberos authentication for your deployment. At a minimum, you need to create one Kerberos authentication account for each deployment. However, you can create an account for each site to provide local Kerberos authentication at the site. You can only specify one Kerberos authentication account per site.