Topic Last Modified: 2011-02-03
The following procedure describes how to uninstall Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat.
To uninstall Group Chat Server
Log on to the computer on which you want to remove Lync Server 2010, Group Chat, using the account that you used to perform the installation. Alternatively, you may use an account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group, the Domain Admins group, or an account that has equivalent user rights and permissions.
Open Add or Remove Programs, by clicking Start, clicking Control Panel, and then double-clicking Add or Remove Programs.
In Add or Remove Programs, in the list of currently installed programs, click Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Group Chat, and then click Change.
In Welcome to the Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Group Chat, click Remove.
In the Confirm Uninstallation dialog box, do one of the following:
- To keep the content of the current database, verify that the
Keep the database check box is selected.
- To delete the content of the current database, clear the
Keep the database check box.
Caution: By clearing this check box, you will permanently delete the database.
- To keep the content of the current database, verify that the Keep the database check box is selected.
In the Installation Complete dialog box, click Close.
After uninstalling Group Chat Server, you must manually uninstall the following folders:
- The Logs folder containing server logs located at:
%systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat
- The Server Config Tool folder containing Microsoft Lync Server
2010, Group Chat Configuration tool logs located at:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Group Chat\Server Config Tool