Topic Last Modified: 2011-05-16
This section summarizes the software support for Microsoft Lync Server 2010 clients.
The following clients support the same Windows operating systems:
- Microsoft Lync 2010
- Online Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Lync 2010
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendant
Supported operating systems for these clients include the following:
- Windows 7 operating systems
- Windows Vista operating systems
- Windows XP operating system with Service Pack 3 (SP3)
Note: Windows Installer 3.1 must be installed before deploying Lync 2010.
Installation of the client and updates requires administrator rights and permissions.
Lync supports communications between Lync and previous client versions. For details, see Lync 2010 Compatibility in the Planning documentation.
Lync supports the following browsers:
- Windows Internet Explorer 9 Internet browser
- Windows Internet Explorer 8 Internet browser
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 Internet browser
- Windows Internet Explorer 6 Internet browser
- Mozilla Firefox web browser
|If you are using Lync with Microsoft Exchange Online and your organization has deployed an authenticating HTTP proxy, Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 8 is required.|
Microsoft Lync Web App supports specific combinations of operating systems and browsers. For details, see Lync Web App Supported Platforms in the Planning documentation.
The Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in version 4.0 is required for Lync and the Online Meeting Add-in for Lync 2010. It is installed automatically during Lync setup.
Silverlight 4.0 is also required for Lync Web App. You can deploy Silverlight 4.0 to client computers or allow users to be prompted for installation when they first start Lync Web App.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
To install Lync 2010 Attendant, the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 must already be installed. For details about installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=122406.
Lync Server 2010 clients support integration with various versions of Microsoft Office. This section summarizes Microsoft Office supportability. For details, see Lync 2010 Compatibility in the Planning documentation.
- The Microsoft Outlook 2010 messaging and collaboration client
and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 are required for the full set of
new Outlook integration features in Lync.
- Certain Lync integration features are supported on Microsoft
Office 2007 suites and Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3).
For integration with Microsoft Office 2007 to work correctly, you
may have to install an update to Microsoft Outlook 2007. For
details about the Outlook update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base
article 936864, "Description of the 2007 Office hotfix package" at
- The Online Meeting Add-in for Lync 2010 is supported with
Microsoft Office 2010 suites, Office 2007, and the Microsoft Office