Topic Last Modified: 2011-01-27
Microsoft Lync 2010 Attendee is a new client in Microsoft Lync Server 2010. Lync 2010 Attendee is a rich conferencing client that allows users who do not have Microsoft Lync 2010 installed to fully participate in Lync 2010 meetings. A Lync 2010 Attendee user can join meetings by using company credentials or as a guest.
Lync 2010 Attendee can be installed on a per-user basis, which enables you to selectively deploy this client, or you can allow users to download and install it as needed.
All of the in-meeting features are available to Lync 2010 Attendee users, including the following:
- Computer audio
- Dial-in and dial-out (“Call me”) audio conferencing
- Detailed meeting roster
- Multiparty instant messaging (IM)
- Desktop and program sharing, including giving control to
- Collaboration features, including with Microsoft PowerPoint
presentations, whiteboards, polls, and file sharing
Users can set the following options and preferences in Lync 2010 Attendee:
- General options, including IM formatting and Lync 2010 Attendee
- Personal options, including phone numbers and the preferred
client for joining conference calls
- Ringtones and sounds
- Audio device settings
- Video device settings
Lync 2010 Attendee does not support other Lync 2010 features that are outside the meeting experience, such as presence, contacts, IM, and telephony features.