Topic Last Modified: 2010-12-12
The archiving policy is one of the individual settings of a user account that you can configure in the Lync Server Control Panel.
Deploying one or more per-user archiving policies is optional. You can also deploy only a global-level archiving policy or site-level archiving policy. If you do deploy per-user policies, you must explicitly assign them to users, groups, or contact object. Archiving requirements automatically default to those defined in the global-level conferencing policy when no specific site-level or per-user policy is assigned.
After creating at least one per-user archiving policy, use the procedures in this topic to assign the policy that appropriately specifies whether a particular user’s internal communications, external communications, or both, will be archived by the server.
For details about creating per-user archiving policies, see Create a User Policy for Archiving.
To assign a per-user archiving policy
From a user account that is assigned to the CsUserAdministrator role or the CsAdministrator role, log on to any computer in your internal deployment.
Open a browser window, and then enter the Admin URL to open the Lync Server Control Panel. For details about the different methods you can use to start Lync Server Control Panel, see Open Lync Server Administrative Tools.
In the left navigation bar, click Users.
Use one of the following methods to locate a user:
- In the Search users box, type all or the first portion
of the display name, first name, last name, Security Accounts
Manager (SAM) account name, SIP address, or line Uniform Resource
Identifier (URI) of the user account, and then click
- If you have a saved query, click the Open query icon,
use the Open dialog box to retrieve the query (a .usf file),
and then click Find.
- In the Search users box, type all or the first portion of the display name, first name, last name, Security Accounts Manager (SAM) account name, SIP address, or line Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) of the user account, and then click Find.
(Optional) Specify additional search criteria to narrow the results:
- Click Add Filter.
- Enter the user property by typing it or by clicking the arrow
in the drop-down list to select the property.
- In the Equal to drop-down list, click the operator (for
example, Equal to or Not equal to).
- Depending on the user property you selected, enter the criteria
you want to use to filter the search results by typing it or by
clicking the arrow in the drop-down list.
Tip: To add additional search clauses to your query, click Add Filter.
- Click Find.
- Click Add Filter.
Click a user in the search results, click Action, and then click Assign policies.
Tip: If you want the same per-user archiving policy to apply to multiple users, select multiple users in the search results, then click Actions, and then click Assign policies.
In Assign Policies, under Archiving policy, do one of the following:
Note: Because there are multiple policies that you can configure by using the Assign Policies dialog box, <Keep as is> is selected by default for every policy in the dialog box. Continue using the policy previously assigned to the user by making no changes to this setting.
- Allow Lync Server 2010 to automatically choose either the
global-level policy or, if defined, the site-level policy.
- Click the name of a per-user archiving policy you previously
defined on the Archiving Policy page.
Tip: To help you decide the policy that you want to assign, after you click a policy name, click View to view the user rights and permissions defined in the policy.
- Allow Lync Server 2010 to automatically choose either the global-level policy or, if defined, the site-level policy.
When you are finished, click OK.