Topic Last Modified: 2010-11-03
Use the following checklist to verify that you have completed all the necessary configuration tasks to deploy call admission control (CAC).
- If one or more Edge Servers is deployed, each external
interface IP address must be added to the subnet list in the
network configuration settings, with a bit mask of 32. You should
also associate this subnet (IP address) with the network site ID
for the geographic location where the A/V Edge service is
- Ensure that CAC is enabled, either through Lync Server Control
Panel or by running the cmdlet as specified in Enable Call Admission
- Ensure that CAC is enabled in all central sites. This can be
done through the Topology Builder. If a warning is generated when
you publish, do not ignore it.
- Ensure that all the subnets that are managed in the enterprise
network are configured in the network configuration settings. It is
also essential that every subnet be associated to a network site,
as explained in Associate a Subnet with
a Network Site.
- Ensure the subnet or IP addresses of all Front End Servers,
Survivable Branch Appliances, Audio/Video Conferencing Servers (if
in a separate pool), and Mediation Servers are configured in the
network configuration settings.