Topic Last Modified: 2011-05-13
If a server running one of the following server roles fails, follow the procedure in this section to restore the server. If multiple servers fail independently, follow the procedure for each server.
- Front End Servers
- Mediation Servers
- Stand-alone A/V Conferencing Servers
- Archiving Servers without a collocated database
- Monitoring Servers without a collocated database
- Edge Servers
|This procedure does not apply to Group Chat Server or the Group Chat database. For details on restoring a Group Chat, see Operating and Maintaining the Group Chat System.|
|We recommend that you take an image copy of the system before you start restoration so that you can use this image as a rollback point in case something goes wrong during restoration. You might want to take the image copy after you install the operating system and SQL Server, and restore or re-enroll the certificates.|
To restore a member server
Start with a clean or new server that has the same fully qualified domain name (FQDN) as the failed server, install the operating system, and then restore or re-enroll the certificates.
Note: Follow your organization's server deployment procedures to perform this step.
From a user account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group, log on to the server you are restoring.
Browse to the Lync Server 2010 installation folder or media, and start the Lync Server Deployment Wizard located at \setup\amd64\Setup.exe.
Follow the Deployment Wizard to do the following:
- Run Step 1: Install Local Configuration Store to install
the local configuration files.
- Run Step 2: Setup or Remove Lync Server Components to
install the Lync Server server role.
- Run Step 3: Request, Install or Assign Certificates to
assign the certificates.
- Run Step 4: Start Services to start services on the
For details about running the Deployment Wizard, see the Deployment documentation for the server role you are restoring.
- Run Step 1: Install Local Configuration Store to install the local configuration files.