Topic Last Modified: 2010-12-13
You can use the Web Service page to configure the authentication methods for accessing Microsoft Lync Server 2010 related web servers and Web Services.
Follow these steps to create a new Web Service policy.
To create a Web Service policy
From a user account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group (or has equivalent user rights), or assigned to the CsServerAdministrator or CsAdministrator role, log on to any computer that is in the network in which you deployed Lync Server 2010.
Open a browser window, and then enter the Admin URL to open the Lync Server Control Panel. For details about the different methods you can use to start Lync Server Control Panel, see Open Lync Server Administrative Tools.
In the left navigation bar, click Security and then click Web Service.
On the Web Service page, click New, and then do one of the following:
- To configure the Web Service for a site, click Site
configuration. In Select a Site, click the site to which
the Web Service policy will be applied a site and click
- To configure the Web Service for a pool, click Pool
configuration. In Select a Service, click the service to
which the Web Service policy will be applied and click
- To configure the Web Service for a site, click Site configuration. In Select a Site, click the site to which the Web Service policy will be applied a site and click OK.
In New Web Service Setting, in Windows authentication, select Negotiate, NTLM, or None.
Select one or more of the following depending on the capabilities of the clients and support in your environment:
- Enable PIN Authentication to enable clients to be
authenticated using PIN numbers.
- Enable certificate authentication to have the servers in
the pool issue certificates to clients.
- Enable certificate chain download to have servers
presented with an authentication certificate download the
certificate chain for that certificate.
- Show Lync Attendee download link to give the users the
option to download Lync 2010 Attendee.
- Show the link for user to join meeting using legacy
client to give users the option to join meetings using a
previous version of Communicator.
- Enable PIN Authentication to enable clients to be authenticated using PIN numbers.