This topic provides a list of known issues as well as methods to troubleshoot problems with directory synchronization.
- If Transporter returns the error "Could not
retrieve E12 Web Services URL", use the
-TargetClientAccessServer parameter in the
Move-DominoMailbox cmdlet to identify the Client Access
server that is running Web Services.
- To migrate user's mail databases, the Notes
User ID on the computer performing the migration must have at least
Reader access control list (ACL) rights to the user's mail
database. In Notes/Domino 6 or higher environments, the ID can be
granted Full Access Administrator rights, which precludes modifying
ACLs. In older versions of Notes/Domino, the ID must be explicitly
listed in each database's ACL or it must be a member of a group
listed in the ACL with Reader or higher access.
- Migration of Notes Phone Messages is not
- Encrypted mail does not migrate because it
requires the private key stored in the user's Notes ID file.
- After a user is migrated to Exchange, the
user's Domino Person document still displays Notes mail address
information. The mail address must be manually updated to reflect
the Exchange mail address.
- Text effects are lost after mail is migrated
to Exchange. The effects that are lost are highlighting, shadow
text, emboss, and extrude.
- The Get-DominoMailbox cmdlet freezes
for about two minutes if an invalid Lotus Domino server name is
- When migrating mail databases, the
Transporter Management Console option Add to existing mail
is not implemented.
- When mail migration is stopped or cancelled,
the current item finishes migrating. Items that have already been
migrated are not affected.
- When mail migration is cancelled and then
restarted, Transporter does not resume the migration from the
cancellation point. However, Transporter does not write any
duplicate information to target mailboxes.
- Encrypted e-mail is not migrated to Exchange
because the Lotus Notes user ID that is used to migrate the mail
does not have the appropriate private key to decrypt the
- Personal Folder files (.pst) are not a
supported target for migration.
- Mail archives and Personal Address Book
information are not supported for migration.
- Transporter does not include tools to update
the forwarding address in the Domino Directory. You must perform
this update manually or via a Lotus Notes agent.
- Transporter does not migrate messages that do
not appear in a folder. Messages that don't appear in a folder are
sometimes visible in All View. Messages that appear only in
All View will not be migrated.
- Private folders are not extracted by the
Domino Extractor. To migrate private folder data, move the data to
a folder that will migrate, such as a public folder.