- Deploy a separate Communicator Web Access server to host
external virtual servers.
- Use a reverse proxy deployed in the perimeter network to
securely expose Communicator Web Access to the Internet.
- Observe secure settings for Internet Information Services
(IIS), based on your server operating system version choice:
- Choose authentication methods to fit your users’ needs:
- Integrated Password Authentication. Uses NTLM/Kerberos to
provide secure logon methods for internal users
- Forms-Based Authentication. Provides a username/password prompt
and supports external user authentication, users of Macintosh,
Linux, and users not running the Internet Explorer Internet browser
- Custom authentication, Supports methods such as PIN input, and