You use the Device Update Service Management Console for most device update administration tasks, as follows:
- To upload updates obtained from Microsoft so that you can
- To specify test devices for testing new updates.
- To approve updates for automatic deployment to unified
communications (UC) devices to which the update applies.
- To reject updates that you do not want deployed to your
organization’s UC devices.
- To roll back deployed updates so that devices revert to the
- To configure log file retention and purging log and image files
from the system.
You can open Device Update Service Management Console from within the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Management Console, as described in the following procedure.
|For Enterprise pools, when a change is committed in the Device Update Service Management Console, it is synchronized to all Web Components in the pool. This takes about five minutes.|
To open Device Update Service Management Console
On a server running Office Communications Server 2007, log on using an account that is a member of the RTCUniversalServerAdmins group, or an account with equivalent privileges.
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
In the console tree, expand Enterprise poolsor Standard Edition Servers, depending on whether you want to manage device updates for an Enterprise pool or a Standard Edition server.
Right-click the Enterprise pool or server name, and click Device Updater.