Many audio and video issues are the result of missing or out-of-date drivers for audio and video devices. When doing troubleshooting, begin by taking the following steps on client computers:
- Install the latest critical updates from Windows Update at
- Follow device manufacturer recommendations for installing the
latest drivers for all system components and communications devices
on the computer.
- Follow the computer vendor’s or manufacturer’s instructions for
installing the latest system BIOS for the computer’s motherboard.
- Disable audio effects that are provided by third party device
drivers and associated software.
- Either keep USB audio and video devices on separate USB
controllers, or if more than one USB audio or video device is used
on the same USB host controller, disable the
Automatic Bandwidth Management Filter. (In the computer's
properties, on the
Device Manager. Right-click the device, and then click
Properties. On the
Automatic Bandwidth Management Filter.)
For a list of Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on specific
devices, see Office Communications Server 2007 Solution Center at