Office Communications Server 2007 R2 requires a public key infrastructure (PKI) to support TLS and mutual TLS (MTLS) connections. By default, Office Communications Server 2007 R2 is configured to use TLS for client-to-server connections.
Office Communications Server uses certificates for the following purposes:
- TLS connections between client and server
- MTLS connections between servers
- Federation using automatic DNS discovery of partners
- Remote user access for instant messaging (IM)
- External user access to A/V sessions, application sharing, and
For Office Communications Server 2007 R2, the following common requirements apply:
- All server certificates must support server authorization
- All server certificates must contain a CRL Distribution Point
- Auto-enrollment is supported for internal Office Communications
- Auto-enrollment is not supported for Office Communications
Server Edge Servers.
In This Section
This section includes the following topics: