For Office Communications Server Edge Server deployments, a Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server or other reverse proxy in the perimeter network is required for the following features:
- To enable external users to download meeting content.
- To enable external users to expand distribution groups.
- To enable remote users to download files from the Address Book
- To enable external devices to connect to the Device Update
Service and obtain updates.
For the purposes of this walkthrough, we will detail the steps to configure ISA Server 2006 as a reverse proxy. If you are using a different reverse proxy, consult the documentation for that product.
Configuring ISA Server 2006 as a reverse proxy server requires completing the following procedures that are described below:
- Configure the network adapter cards.
- Request and configure a digital certificate for Secure Sockets
- Create a Web server publishing rule.
- Create an external Domain Name System (DNS) entry.
- Verify Web site access
In This Section
This section contains the following topics: