Topic Last Modified: 2010-07-18
You need to configure the required DNS records prior to publishing your topology in Topology Builder. Additionally, some of the fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) used in configuration of a Microsoft Communications Server 2010 deployment are logical and not physical server FQDNs, so additional DNS configuration is required prior to publishing. For details about the DNS records that are required, see DNS Requirements for Enterprise Pools and Standard Edition Servers in the Planning section.
The Topology Builder publishing process requires that the following conditions be met prior to publishing a topology:
- Each server role that will exist in the topology is published
as an Active Directory object.
- A DNS A Record exists for each server.
- A DNS SRV Record exists for each Session Initiation Protocol
- DNS A records exist for the Simple URLs.
- The SQL Server computer must be domain-joined, and reachable by
the server that Topology Builder is publishing from.