This topic describes requirements and recommendations for deploying an application created with the Unified Communications Managed API version 1.0 SDK.
Deployment is the process by which you distribute a finished application or component to be installed on other computers. Deployment is a multi-stage process that starts when an application is created on a developer's computer and ends when it is installed and ready to run on a user's computer.
Requirements for Deploying an SDK Application
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007.
- A separate computer with either Microsoft Windows Server 2003
with .NET Framework Version 2.0, or Microsoft Windows Server code
name “Longhorn” with .NET Framework 2.0.
Recommendations for Deploying an SDK Application
- Add the fully qualified domain name (FDQN) of the application
server in the Microsoft Office Communications Server authorized
- Turn on server throttling.
- If the application uses SipEndpoints, treat users as
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Mutually Authenticated
Transport Layer Security (MTLS) is recommended. If used, you must
deploy root certificates and certificates on both Office
Communications Server and the application server.