Developers can use the key features listed in this topic to create multimodal and multiparty communication and collaboration applications with Enhanced Presence capabilities.
Modality-Extensible Communication Framework
- Integrated support for Instant Messaging (IM)
- Integrated support for audio, with Secure Real-time Transport
Protocol (SRTP), early media, and multiple codec selection
- Common telephony features enabled by means of a reusable
signaling framework (transfers, forwards, caller on hold, and other
- Integrated audio devices: recorder, player, tone controller for
Dual-Tone Multiple-Frequency (DTMF), and connectors for speech
recognition and speech synthesis
- Loose coupling between signaling and media, allowing
back-to-back and scenarios such as media-enabled Web clients
- User impersonation
- Conferencing features (control and monitoring): anonymous user
join, trusted user join
- Multimodal escalation-to-conference helpers for instant
Developers who implement a custom audio provider can provide support for escalation-to-conferencing for the custom media type.
- Platform extensibility by means of the factory-based
Developers can extend the UCMA 2.0 Core SDK platform to handle a new media type by creating custom Call, MediaProvider, and MediaFlowsubclasses that work with the new media type.
Offline Conference Scheduling and Management
- Conference retrieval from PSTN conference ID
Presence Publishing and Presence Subscription
- Publishing framework based on presence manifest
(Note that in the UCMA 2.0 Core SDK the manifest is predefined, and follows the same rules for presence publication as Office Communicator 2007.
- Automatic user endpoint bootstrapping based on container
Contacts and Groups
The following features apply only to UserEndpointtype, not the ApplicationEndpointtype.
- Contact object registration
- Contact list creation and management
- Contact organizations in provided or custom groups