You can use Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 2.0 Core SDK to create a wide variety of applications. For information about types of applications, see Trusted Applications.
Contact center, Helpdesk, and Outbound campaigns
- Route incoming communications to available agents with matching
- Use Enhanced Presence in Informal Agent switch-boarding
- Create multimodal helpdesk scenarios, such as back-to-back user
Notification Systems: Phone Alerts and IM Broadcast
- Promptly react to change by fanning out alerts in a timely
manner to a large number of targets or by reaching out to key
stakeholders using the most appropriate modality.
Enterprise-wide Instant Messaging robots (IM Bots) and Interactive Voice Response systems
- Create query-response bots for information access.
- Create an interactive voice response (IVR) application to
collect customer data.
- Create a Music on Hold server.
- Create a Personal Virtual Assistant.
- Create a conference-bridging application.
- Create an application that records conference calls to archive
proceedings of the conference.
- Schedule, retrieve, and manage conferences.
- Create a Web client or emulate similar Office Communicator-like
functionalities for Web conferencing, Presence, and contacts and
- Create a Web service, such as a Web conference scheduling
service or third-party call controller application.
- Test your application by using UCMA 2.0 Core SDK to emulate
thousands of clients that simultaneously interact with your
middle-tier application under application-specific performance and