Microsoft Unified Communications Managed API 2.0 Core SDK is used primarily to build middle-tier applications that work with Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
The UCMA 2.0 Core SDK provides a flexible managed-code platform for unified communication and collaboration that allows developers to implement communication- and collaboration-enabled services against Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
UCMA 2.0 Core SDK features:
- The platform contains a managed code endpoint API based on
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), written in Visual C#.
- The platform is multilayered, with different levels of protocol
abstraction, as shown in the following illustration:
- Standard SIP layer (the
- Unified Communications and Collaboration protocol layer
(Enhanced Presence, Centralized Conference Control Protocol (C3P),
Contacts and Groups, Call Control).
- Standard SIP layer (the Microsoft.Rtc.Signalingnamespace).
- The platform is highly scalable.
The platform is able to support thousands of endpoints and concurrent communications and collaborations. The platform is designed for server operating systems (the recommended operating system is Microsoft Windows Server 2008), and is multi-threaded.
- The platform provides high availability.
The deployment model permits multiple, load-balanced application instances that allow for server-grade load balancing and fail-over. Dialog resiliency is built in to update the route set in the event of intermediate hop failures.
- The platform is extensible.
New modalities can be added to the existing communication framework, and extension headers and URI parameters can be supplied and consumed through the APIs.