Sample name: InstantMessagingCall
Sample location: %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2\UCMA SDK 2.0\UCMACore\Sample Applications\Collaboration\QuickStarts\InstantMessagingCall
The application initializes the platform to start listening on behalf of a user, places an instant message call with the conversation details fully set, and sends instant messages to the caller until the caller replies with Shutdownor closes the window.
The application echoes all messages sent to it back to the source until the application exits. Additionally, it sends and processes Instant Message Delivery Notification (IMDN) data for each message received or sent. When the shutdown message is received or the instant message window is closed, the application prints log results to the console, and then exits, performing normal platform shutdown.
- Call and conversation cleanup and use
- Basic call placement
- Instant messaging message use, including IMDN and replying to
AudioVideoFlowhandling and control
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2.
- Two users capable of sending and receiving audio calls.
- The credentials for each user, and a client capable of signing
in to Office Communications Server.
- A client signed in to Office Communications Server.
Running the Sample
- Replace the credentials in the variables at the beginning of
the code sample with the credentials and server of the users from
your Office Communications Server topology.
- Substitute the address of the called user in the code sample
with the address of a valid, currently signed-in user capable of
receiving audio calls.
- Open the project in Microsoft Visual Studio, and then press F5.
- Send an instant message to the user whose credentials the
endpoint is using.