Filter Conversations on a
You can configure a profanity filter for each of the registered
channels in a chat community. Filtering a registered channel
includes messages sent with these commands: Privmsg,
Whisper, and Notice.
To filter conversations in a specific registered channel:
- Start System Manager
On the Start menu, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click
- Navigate to the
Channels folder for the chat community where you want to
- Click the Channels folder.
- In the Details pane, right-click the channel on which you want
to filter messages, and then click Properties.
- On the Extensions tab, verify that the Profanity Filter
- If the Profanity Filter extension does not appear, from
System Manager, click Servers, click
Protocols, right-click IRCX, and then click
If the Profanity Filter extension does appear, go to step
- On the IRCX Protocol General tab, choose the chat
community where you want to filter chats from the list, and then
- In Properties, click Extensions.
- In Extensions, click Add.
- In Add Extension, select the Profanity Filter extension
from the list.
- Stop, then restart the
- On System Manager, in Chat Communities, return to
the selected chat community; click the Channels folder.
- In the Details pane, right-click the channel that will use the
Profanity Filter extension, and then click Properties.
- In the Extensions list on the Extensions tab,
select the Profanity Filter extension, and then click
- On the Profanity Filter Properties tab, click Filter
- Click the appropriate selection: Apply to: All messages
or Apply to: Only messages sent to entire channel.
- Click Apply.
Note If a registered channel
with a Profanity Filter applied is cloned, each channel clone is
treated as a separate channel.
Filter Conversations on All Dynamic
Channels Set Up Language Filters from a